News & Press

Friday, May 01, 2009


The best match until now


The best match until now took place today in Rhodes for the International men’s Challenger tour $ 125,000 Aegean Tennis Cup between German Benjamin Becker and Frenchman Edward Roger Vasselin. Winner of the match was Becker by 6-4 4-6 6-4 even if he was loosingf by 0-3 in the third set. He took the advance for the quarterfinal round “I was not stressed in any part of the game. I made a lot of mistakes in serving and the truth is that I had a lot of confidence in my self and as soon as I corrected my serve, I knew I would win”. Said Becker and added “now I will play against my friend and mate Benjamin Dorsch and it will definitely be a unique moment for me since we know each other for 15 years, we have studied together and I definitely wanted to continue both of us until the end of the tournament”.

Advance for Dorsch
The game of Benedict Dorsch was amazing in the match against Kevin Kim. The German won easier than he expected the no 3 of the seed of the Aegean Tennis Cup, creating another surtpise in the tournament. “I was astonished that I won in less than an hour. It was a great victory against a great opponent. My serve helped me and also the fact that Kim made a a lot of mistakes” Dorsch said among others.

<< Home